23 years, 23 lessons
1. You are your own best advocate. Nobody is going to believe you’re worthy unless you do.
2. Empathy is underrated. Your sensitivity is not a weakness; it’s a strength.
3. Everybody is just figuring it out as they go.
4. What you perceive as your “flaws” are what other people view as beautiful.
5. “Fitting in,” whatever that means, isn’t worth it.
6. Your friends are going to change, and some are going to leave, and that’s okay.
7. You are going to change. Embrace it.
8. You can’t be in a healthy relationship until you have a healthy relationship with yourself.
9. Your life is going to be so much bigger than you imagined. Dreams really can, and do, come true.
10. If you want something, ask for it. To open a door, you need to knock.
11. Question your fears. Don’t believe everything your anxiety tells you.
12. Dance often and get dessert. To be alive is a special occasion.
13. Comparison is pointless. Perfection doesn’t exist.
14. Spend less time worrying and more time living in the now. There are some things you just can’t control.
15. Uncertainty is unavoidable. Learn how to get comfortable with it. It’s the not knowing makes life worth living.
16. Some questions may never be answered. That’s the beauty of faith, and it’s okay to not know.
17. Even the happiest person carries pain. We are all dealing with something.
18. Heartbreak hurts like hell, but it invites transformation.
19. Tell people you love and appreciate them any chance you’re given.
20. Making peace with your body is incredibly hard and incredibly worth it.
21. Healing comes in waves. Some days are good, some days are harder.
22. You deserve good things.
23. There is always hope, and there is so much more to discover.